BFTW 2019 Community: Eat Me Chutneys
Just like humans, fruits and vegetables come in all shapes and sizes. Eat Me Chutneys have set out to promote self-esteem amongst wonky yet gorgeous produce. Together with his mother Jaya, Ankit Chopra is on a mission to minimise food wastage in Australia, one jar at a time.
1. What makes your company Best For The World?
Make the most delicious products and look after our land — that is the dream that animates us at Eat Me Chutneys.
2. What makes you stand out from other companies?
The cohort of fab people and companies in the B Corp family is what makes Eat Me Chutneys stand out from others. It’s this underlying current of business being used as a force for good that gets us up in the morning everyday (other than a fab cup of coffee).
3. How do you plan to celebrate?
We celebrate it everyday with all the lovely humans we work with, both at Eat Me and outside. Of course, there will be cake, lots of cake. And beers (just not together).
4. Part of being “Best for the World” is striving to always use your business as a force for good. What initiatives do you have planned for the coming year to continue to be Best for the World?
It’s a never ending adventure, isn’t it — there is always something that can be investigated/improved. This year, our focus will be the quality of our relationships (both within and outside Eat Me Chutneys).
5. What advice do you have for other B Corps and purpose-led businesses that want to improve their impact?
Simply be a little more thoughtful in everything you do today and the impact will take care of itself.